Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sauted Pork Loin and Apples

Well, I'm pretty happy with the first go-round. I made sauted pork loin medallions and Granny Smith apples in an apple cider/cream sauce. It was pretty good - I thought I might have overdone it on the pepper, but Jen and Jason told me that the seasoning was perfect - I just don't eat a lot of pepper, so maybe that's why it was so obvious to me.
Anyway, I sauted the pork and apples then finished them off in the cream sauce. The sauce was really sweet - which I liked, I thought if made the pork not quite so peppery. The apples seemed a little mushy, but I guess that's what's supposed to happen to them. Overall, I thought it was really good.
I actually made two new things for dinner - I wanted to make some garlic bread or something to go with the pork, but while I was shopping for dinner I decided to make something that I'd seen on one of the cooking shows that I watch - I've been thinking about making it for a while. It's bread slices toasted like a crostini with a slice of roasted tomato, a basil leaf and a slice of melted mozzarella cheese on top. I loved it, it tasted so good! The roasted tomatos were actually another thing I've never tasted, so I tried one plain and it was awesome - sweet, but still with a little acid to it. Jason said that he could have just eaten an entire loaf of bread cooked like that for dinner (I told him I'd put that compliment in my blog).
All in all, it was a really good meal - now I have to think of something for next month that's just as impressive. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I think the most adventurous part about your meal was that you tried it out on 2 pregnant girls! It was delicious though, as always. You are freaking talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I could have eaten that entire pan of pork! Holy cow was that awesomely amazing!

    ReplyDelete